Sunday 29 July 2007

Sunday is shed day


The whole day has been a progression toward getting into the shed, to make a stretcher for the image above. My shed is a small and perfectly formed building at the bottom of the garden, but full of kipple. In fact the shed is a kipple producer, a manufactuary of high grade kipple. A small part of a complex progress of kipple production and recycling.

But, before the shed I have had a morning in Bromley, eaten cookies, rescued my youngest daughter from an over zealous wasp, laughed on a train, nursed a grazed knee and pottered about in the kitchen.

So I approached the shed politely this afternoon and moved the kipple about so that I can at least walk in and stand in front of the bench. Trust me this is a major improvement on what it has been.

With a bit of space to work in I began to make a stretcher for the photo at the top of this page that I was given by my wife of the Penguin Pool at London Zoo. Its a photo that she took recently and had printed on canvas.

The first stretcher was a bit large due to an inability to measure things today, but fun to make and made more interesting by the parade of visitors who passed the shed door and ranged in age and size.

All of them had different questions from demands for Hubba Bubba to whats the tent like, but with a few small adjustments its now perfect and the photo is on it... There are more amazing photos, but I will tell you about them another day, I just love this one.

No comments: