Sunday 16 March 2008

117 days since my last blogsession

A longtime has passed and I was prompted to write by the sale of Bebo to AOL. Reading about it in the paper today, 'AOL clicks on Bebo to catch up' neither of the owners has posted comments in excess of 187 days!

It made me feel as if I was not such a careless blogger, but disappointed that AOL had failed to recognise the resources that it could have leveraged to create a compelling community with out having to buy one despite its exceptional performance and size.

With all of the knowledge and imagination of it's staff it is a catastrophic failure of trust and confidence. But having read Thursdays New York Times, Jeff Bewkes Chief of AOL’s Parent Is Open to Deal I wondered if the purchase is to serve the needs of AOL's Platform A rather than the wider needs of a business that is trying to discover new purpose and grow its audience again.

No comments: